Starwood capital brings its time-tested investment approach and creativity in real estate to individual investors through starwood real estate income trust
Meet Barry Sternlicht Founder And Ceo Of Starwood Capital Group
"We’re excited to welcome a new group of investors to participate in our longstanding business of buying high-quality assets and improving them through hard work, attention to detail, and creativity."
Chairman and CEO of Starwood Capital Group
Florida Office Portfolio Jacksonville, FL
Discover Starwood Real Estate Income Trust
Summary of risk factors
An investment in Starwood Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase these securities only if you can afford the complete loss of your investment. You should carefully read the information set forth in the “Risk Factors” section of the prospectus before buying our shares. Risks include, but are not limited to:
- We have a limited operating history and there is no assurance that we will achieve our investment objectives.
- This is a “blind pool” offering. We have made limited investments to date and you will not have the opportunity to evaluate our future investments before we make them.
- Since there is no public trading market for shares of our common stock, repurchase of shares by us will likely be the only way to dispose of your shares. Our share repurchase plan provides stockholders with the opportunity to request that we repurchase their shares on a monthly basis, but we are not obligated to repurchase any shares and may choose to repurchase only some, or even none, of the shares that have been requested to be repurchased in any particular month in our discretion. In addition, repurchases are subject to available liquidity and other significant restrictions. Further, our board of directors may modify, suspend or terminate our share repurchase plan if it deems such action to be in our best interest and the best interest of our stockholders. As a result, our shares should be considered as having only limited liquidity and at times may be illiquid.
- We cannot guarantee that we will make distributions, and if we do we may fund such distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, including, without limitation, the sale of assets, borrowings, return of capital or offering proceeds, and we have no limits on the amounts we may pay from such sources.
- After the escrow period, the purchase and repurchase price for shares of our common stock are generally based on our prior month’s NAV and is not based on any public trading market. While there is independent periodic appraisals of our properties, the appraisal of properties is inherently subjective, and our NAV may not accurately reflect the actual price at which our properties could be liquidated on any given day.
- We have no employees and are dependent on Starwood REIT Advisors, L.L.C. (the “Advisor”) to conduct our operations. The Advisor will face conflicts of interest as a result of, among other things, the allocation of investment opportunities among us and Other Starwood Accounts (as defined in the prospectus), the allocation of time of its investment professionals and the substantial fees that we pay to the Advisor.
- This is a “best efforts” offering. If we are not able to raise a substantial amount of capital in the near term, our ability to achieve our investment objectives could be adversely affected.
- There are limits on the ownership and transferability of our shares.
- If we fail to qualify as a REIT and no relief provisions apply, our NAV and cash available for distribution to our stockholders could materially decrease.
This sales and advertising literature does not constitute an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. An offering is made only by the prospectus. This material must be read in conjunction with the Starwood Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. prospectus in order to fully understand all of the implications and risks of the offering of securities to which the prospectus relates. A copy of the prospectus must be made available to you in connection with any offering. No offering is made except by a prospectus filed with the Department of Law of the State of New York. Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any other regulatory body has approved or disapproved of our securities or determined if our prospectus is truthful or complete. Neither the Attorney General of the State of New York nor the Securities Division of the Office of the Maryland Attorney General has passed on or endorsed the merits of this offering. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense.