Invest When New Supply Is Low
Target submarkets with high barriers to entry, where new construction is limited.
Anticipate Capital Flows
Identify areas and asset types ahead of the competition and capital flows, where market fundamentals indicate strong and growing demand.
Buy Below Replacement Cost
Acquire high-quality assets at a discounted price below replacement cost, which mitigates the risk of new construction being built until values rise.
Utilize Appropriate Debt to Generate Positive Leverage
Take advantage of historically low interest rates and use leverage to pursue attractive cash yields.
Add Value to Investments through Hands-On Asset Management
Implement dynamic asset management strategies to stabilize, improve, and position each investment for sale at its maximum price.
Maintain Investment Discipline
Maintain a disciplined approach to assets and their values by tailoring our investment strategies to the current market climate.
Summary of risk factors
An investment in Starwood Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. involves a high degree of risk. You should purchase these securities only if you can afford the complete loss of your investment. You should carefully read the information set forth in the “Risk Factors” section of the prospectus before buying our shares. Risks include, but are not limited to:
- We have incurred GAAP net losses attributable to stockholders and an accumulated deficit in the past and may incur GAAP net losses attributable to stockholders and continue to have an accumulated deficit in the future.
- This is a “blind pool” offering. You will not have the opportunity to evaluate our future investments before we make them.
- Since there is no public trading market for shares of our common stock, repurchase of shares by us will likely be the only way to dispose of your shares. Our share repurchase plan provides stockholders with the opportunity to request that we repurchase their shares on a monthly basis, but we are not obligated to repurchase any shares and may choose to repurchase only some, or even none, of the shares that have been requested to be repurchased in any particular month in our discretion. In addition, repurchases are subject to available liquidity and other significant restrictions. Further, our board of directors may modify or suspend our share repurchase plan if it deems such action to be in our best interest and the best interest of our stockholders. As a result, our shares should be considered as having only limited liquidity and at times may be illiquid.
- We cannot guarantee that we will make distributions, and if we do we may fund such distributions from sources other than cash flow from operations, including, without limitation, the sale of assets, borrowings, return of capital or offering proceeds, and we have no limits on the amounts we may pay from such sources.
- The purchase and repurchase price for shares of our common stock are generally based on our prior month’s NAV (subject to material changes as described in the prospectus) and are not based on any public trading market. While there are independent annual appraisals of our properties, the appraisal of properties is inherently subjective, and our NAV may not accurately reflect the actual price at which our properties could be liquidated on any given day.
- We have no employees and are dependent on Starwood REIT Advisors, L.L.C. (the “Advisor”) to conduct our operations. The Advisor will face conflicts of interest as a result of, among other things, the allocation of investment opportunities among us and Other Starwood Accounts (as defined in the prospectus), the allocation of time of its investment professionals and the substantial fees that we will pay to the Advisor.
- This is a “best efforts” offering. If we are not able to continue to raise a substantial amount of capital on an ongoing basis, our ability to achieve our investment objectives could be adversely affected.
- There are limits on the ownership and transferability of our shares.
- If we fail to qualify as a REIT and no relief provisions apply, our NAV and cash available for distribution to our stockholders could materially decrease.
- The acquisition of properties may be financed in substantial part by debt. The use of leverage involves a high degree of financial risk and will increase the exposure of the investments to adverse economic factors.
- Investing in commercial real estate assets involves certain risks, including, but not limited to: changes in values caused by global, national, regional or local economic performance, the performance of the real estate sector, unemployment, stock market volatility and other impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, demographic or capital market conditions; increases in interest rates and lack of availability of financing; vacancies, fluctuations in the average occupancy and room rates for hospitality properties; and bankruptcies, financial difficulties or lease defaults by our tenants.
- A change in U.S. tax laws could adversely impact benefits of investing in our shares.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE ABOUT OTHER STARWOOD PROGRAMS
This sales material may include information related to prior programs sponsored by Starwood Capital Group (“Other Starwood Programs”) and investments made by Other Starwood Programs. Investors in Starwood Real Estate Income Trust will not have any interest in Other Starwood Programs or their investments. The investment strategies of Other Starwood Programs are different from the investment strategy of Starwood Real Estate Income Trust. There is no guarantee that Starwood Real Estate Income Trust will achieve returns similar to Other Starwood Programs. The information provided herein regarding Other Starwood Programs is provided solely for background purposes.
This sales and advertising literature does not constitute an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell securities. An offering is made only by the prospectus. This material must be read in conjunction with the Starwood Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. prospectus in order to fully understand all of the implications and risks of the offering of securities to which the prospectus relates. A copy of the prospectus must be made available to you in connection with any offering. No offering is made except by a prospectus filed with the Department of Law of the State of New York. Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Attorney General of the State of New York nor any other state securities regulator has approved or disapproved of these securities or determined if the prospectus is truthful or complete, or determined whether the offering can be sold to any or all purchasers in compliance with existing or future suitability or conduct standards. Any representation to the contrary is a criminal offense.